Deluxe Limited Edition of 10 - The Sunshine Factory No 1
The painting captures two major spring trees in the artist’s garden, painted plein-air in the garden for three days, later on, Yi added the important locations of London that are dear to her memories; in this painting St Paul’s Cathedral could be viewed from Ludgate Hill.
The language of two trees: Cherry Prunus and Forsythia (was planted in 2015 by Yi in memory of her grandmother.) Both trees bloom at the same time in early Spring when the weather is still very much like winter, the sight of these colourful blooms wakes up the senses and brings hope after a long cold winter.
This painting is a part of Spring Exhibition: Spring Cats and the Sonny Factory 2023
This Special Deluxe Limited Edition of 10 ONLY, made on premium aluminium.
- Size: 30 x 40 x 0.3 CM
- Made on a 3 mm high-quality aluminium panel with a matte finish.
- Limited Edition of 10 ONLY
- Signed and numbered by Shizico Yi
- comes with Authenticity Certificate
- made with U-V ink, colouring lasts for a lifetime under normal light.
- Ready to hang. Comes with a fixing at the back, ready to hang; of cause, you can also frame each of them if you prefer.
- The sturdy weight is also good for putting against the wall on tables
About Spring Exhibition Series:
" What these paintings of the Spring Exhibition Series try to do is to push impressionism forward toward Matisse; having a very daring courtship with colours and the simplicity of lines and forms, then to move even further closer to the language of Howard Hodgkin, making my new works under this lineage of less about the realistic representation, much more about the colours and its meaning behind the brushstrokes, to celebrate the power of imaginary spaces.
These two masters, Matisse and Hodgkin are at the two ends of the dial, and in between is my playground for this new Series.
“ Spring Cats and the Sunny Factory” ----Shizico Yi March 2023
Frames in the pictures are not included. If you need advice on framing, just give us a shout.