London Sakura Deluxe Limited Edition with gold leaf marking
This Special Deluxe Limited Edition of 10, made on premium aluminium panel, signed and painted with Shizico's signature gold-leaf marking inspired by Japanese woodblock print.
- Size: 30 x 40 x 0.3 CM
- Made on a 3 mm high-quality aluminium panel with a matte finish.
- Limited Edition of 20
- Signed and numbered by Shizico Yi
- comes with Authenticity Certificate
- made with U-V ink, colouring lasts for a lifetime under normal light.
- Ready to hang. Comes with a fixing at the back, ready to hang; of cause, you can also frame each of them if you prefer.
- The sturdy weight is also good for putting against the wall on tables
The painting captures the prominent spring tree in the artist’s garden, painted plein-air in Shizico’s garden amidst the tranquil surroundings. It portrays the vibrant Cherry Prunus blossoms, which emerge in early spring when winter's chill still lingers. The sight of these colourful blooms awakens the senses and symbolises hope after the long, cold winter. This artwork is featured in the Spring Exhibition: 'Spring Cats and the Sunny Factory 2023.'"
About Spring Exhibition Series:
Spring Exhibition Series try to push impressionism forward toward Matisse; Yi is having a very daring courtship with colours and the simplicity of lines and forms, then her paintings move even further closer to the language of Howard Hodgkin, making these new works under this lineage of less about the realistic representation, much more about the colours and its meaning behind the brushstrokes, to celebrate the power of imaginary spaces.
These two masters, Matisse and Hodgkin are at the two ends of the dial, and in between is her playground for this new Series- “ Spring Cats and the Sunny Factory”
Note: Frame in the picture is not included.
- but it is Ready to hang. It comes with a fixing at the back, ready to hang; of cause, you can also frame each of them if you prefer.
- if you need advice on frames, just give us a shout.