Ran 蘭 ( Orchids in the Purple Mists )
Deluxe Limited Edition of 10 Only. Edition made with the finest finishing on Aluminium.
Price Matched with 1stDibs, the Collection on our GSY Studio Store front.
- Size: 30 x 40cm.
- Made on a 3 mm high-quality aluminium panel with a matte finish.
- Limited Edition of 10 Only
- Signed at the front and numbered at the back
- comes with Authenticity Certificate, signed.
- made with U-V ink, colouring lasts for a lifetime under normal light.
- Ready to hang. Comes with a fixing at the back, ready to hang; of cause, you can also frame each of them if you prefer.
- The sturdy weight is also good for putting against the wall on tables
About the painting:
This painting depicts the eternal blooms of the orchids in a misty morning light. The Orchid Festival is an annual event in Kew Garden, one of a kind in the UK, featuring all the best colours of the Orchids in the late winter time when nature seems in hibernation.
Orchids are the ones that defy the weather blooming even in the deepest winter in low temperatures.
This painting is a part of Spring Exhibition: Spring Cats and the Sunny Factory 2023
About the Spring Exhibition Series 2023:
Spring Exhibition Series try to push impressionism forward toward Matisse; Yi is having a very daring courtship with colours and the simplicity of lines and forms, then her paintings move even further closer to the language of Howard Hodgkin, making these new works under this lineage of less about the realistic representation, much more about the colours and its meaning behind the brushstrokes, to celebrate the power of imaginary spaces.
These two masters, Matisse and Hodgkin are at the two ends of the dial, and in between is her playground for this new Series- “ Spring Cats and the Sunny Factory”