Diptych- The Sunshine Factories
Double the magic, double the enlightenment!
This Limited Diptych Deluxe Set promise to being years of joy.
2 paintings in a set
30x40 cm / each, hang side by side could cover 60-80 CM wall space
Made both on the finest finishing on premium Aluminium.
- Size: 30 x 40cm /each x total 2 paintings
- could be put side by side as 60 x40 cm
- Made on a 3 mm high-quality aluminium panel with a matte finish.
- Limited Edition of 5 Sets Only
- Signed at the front and numbered at the back
- comes with Authenticity Certificate, signed.
- made with U-V ink, colouring lasts for a lifetime under normal light.
- Ready to hang. Comes with a fixing at the back, ready to hang; of cause, you can also frame each of them if you prefer.
- The sturdy weight is also good for putting against the wall on tables
These paintings capture three major spring trees in the artist’s garden, painted plein-air in the garden for many days; later on, Yi added the important locations of London that are dear to her memories; in these 2 paintings there are St Paul’s Cathedral could be viewed from Ludgate Hill and River Thames, Big Ben and London Eye could be viewed from South Bank.
The language of these trees: Cherry Prunus and Forsythia (was planted in 2015 by Yi in memory of her grandmother.), and Magnolias are blooming one after another in early Spring when the weather is still very much like winter, the sight of these colourful blooms wakes up the senses and brings hope after a long cold winter.
These two paintings are parts of Spring Exhibition: Spring Cats and the Sonny Factory 2023
About Spring Exhibition Series:
Spring Exhibition Series try to push impressionism forward toward Matisse; Yi is having a very daring courtship with colours and the simplicity of lines and forms, then her paintings move even further closer to the language of Howard Hodgkin, making these new works under this lineage of less about the realistic representation, much more about the colours and its meaning behind the brushstrokes, to celebrate the power of imaginary spaces.
These two masters, Matisse and Hodgkin are at the two ends of the dial, and in between is her playground for this new Series- “ Spring Cats and the Sunny Factory”
Note: Frames in the pictures are not included.